Thursday 3 July 2014

Strawberry picking

Strawberries are Lexis favourite thing to eat! Every day after nursery on the way home she says, Can I have strawberries for lunch? She would eat them for breakfast lunch and dinner if she could! So today when my friend Kristy rang and said "let's go strawberry picking" I was more then up for it!!



I told Lexi we were going to pick strawberries with Kristy and Oakleigh, Oakleigh is Kristys little boy, so while we was waiting to be picked up she was chanting "strawberries with Oakleigh, strawberries with Oakleigh!" 

















We got there and the kids ran ahead holding hands (aw!) we picked up a basket each for the kids and off we went! Both Kristy and I said how lovely it was to let the kids have some freedom and run ahead without constantly shouting "wait for me, slow down!" Lexi was well impressed when she noticed the strawberries, and once I showed her you could pick them, off she went! She got so excited when she picked really big ones! Jake had a little strawberry in his nubby net, looked like a vampire by the end of it! Strawberry juice everywhere!




I would recommend doing this if you are wanting to get your kids interested in fruit. Oakleigh isn't interested in eating fruit, bit as we were walking round we saw him try a strawberry! Which is brilliant! So definitely find your nearest farm and take the kids! They absolutely loved it!  

follow me on twitter :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment