Friday 23 May 2014

Part-timer

All you mumma's out there who work full time, I applaud you! I have been back at work for 3 weeks now, and let me tell you... It is hard! I chose to work evenings so that my husband would be in for the kids, I finish at 10, sometimes 11 and then I am up again at 5:30 - 6, depending on what time the kids feel like waking up. It's never after 6am though! 

When people say to me "oh you part timer" when i stroll into work at 6pm, what they don't know is that I am always working, being a mum is a full time job in itself! Us working mums never get a day off, a day off from work doesn't mean a lay in, or napping in the day, it means catching up on the pile of washing that's accumulated in the bathroom, and tidying up our children's messy bedrooms! 

I am putting in lots of overtime at the moment, in my first week, I worked 7days! And aside from having to take of sick for two days because Jake was not very well, I haven't had too many days off! I sure am feeling it, I don't think I have ever felt this tired, and Jake is still not quite back to himself, so he is occasionally waking up in the night.. Which I am not used to! I am hoping to adjust to my new schedule soon! Although I am feeling pretty well today so maybe it is already happening! 

Don't get me wrong dads are great, but mums are awesome! Early mornings, getting the children up, washed, dressed, fed, housework, work, making sure dinner is on the table for when his majesty gets home from work, I mean it really never stops. But it is all so worth it just for one smile from your kids, knowing that you are raising happy children is the best feeling :) 

Craig and I need to get used to him coming in and me going straight out, it is literally "hello, goodbye" but then I so look forward to seeing him on the weekends it has made us get a long a bit better! He even gave me a back rub when I got in from work last night, which is a rarity! 

So all you mums out there, single, married, working full time, part time, and full time mummy's too, we are awesome, and maybe, just maybe when you get a quiet moment tonight, put your feet up and treat yourself to a glass of wine, you deserve it. 

:) xx

No comments:

Post a Comment